SISOSCB315A (COMPLETE DRIFT DIVES ON SCUBA)
Scuba World is one of only three dive shops in Queensland that can offer you both an Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment and Internationally recognised certification card. These two qualifications guarantee you will receive the safest and highest quality Deep course in Australia! Scuba World is also the only dive shop in Australia that is an Aqualung Partner Centre and Scuba Schools International (SSI) Diamond Dive Centre. This is the highest achievable level worldwide.
|Our mission is simple; Create safe, enthusiastic divers who always have an enjoyable experience at Scuba World.”Have you ever dreamed of gliding with the current and watching sharks or dolphins at the same time?”Adequate training in current diving is the key to this kind of experience and therefore WAVES, TIDES & CURRENTS is a must for any ambitious diver.Anybody who wants to dive on vacation at the top spots should understand and know how to handle water movements. This can be the waves when entering from shore, or the rip current in a channel next to an island, or just the current on a dive.
There are many things to learn about currents such as:
If the current is blowing against the diver, how much current can a diver deal with? How does the diver move effectively in the current? How can somebody determine the strength of a current and plan the dive accordingly? WAVES, TIDES & CURRENTS can help you answer all of these questions. It is taught in conjunction with a minimum of 2 open water dives.
The primary goal of any SSI Specialty course is to teach you important skills in a fun environment. All courses are taught using home study, short academic sessions, and in-water training.
Your SSI Waves, Tides & Currents Instructor will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Specialty Instructor
- Current certification in Apply First Aid, CPR, Oxygen Administration and TAE Certificate IV in Training and Assessing
- 500+ dives
- 5+ years’ experience
- 12 or more logged dives
- Neptune SMB (ideally you would use a Halcyon SMB 1 metre (3.3ft) with a CC DAM)
- Spool Reef (ideally you would use a Halcyon Defender Pro 200 spool reel)
- Dive slate (any brand)
- Primary torch (ideally a Light & Motion, however any brand is suitable)
- Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment SISOSCB315A (COMPLET DRIFT DIVES ON SCUBA)
- Internationally recognised certification card (on completion of course)
- Specialty Instructor for one full day
- Two ocean shore dives (1st dive at The Spit, Mooloolaba and the 2nd dive at Mooloolaba Harbour)
- Tanks and weights
- All course materials
Day 1 | 7:30am – 3:30pm: Theory, exam and two shore dives
A certified SSI Waves, Tides & Currents diver can complete any shore dive anywhere in the world.
- Hire equipment is an additional cost. To hire an Aqualung regulator with computer, Aqualung BCD and wetsuit is $50 for the day.
- A minimum of two divers is required to start this course
- Price subject to change without notice