TRIPS ARE SCHEDULED TO FLINDERS REEF BETWEEN APRIL & NOVEMBER
HOWEVER, WE DO RUN TRIPS ON DEMAND. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO THE INTEREST LIST EMAIL SCUBA WORLD
|$249||No equipment required|
|$314||Hiring 2 x 32% Nitrox tanks, 1 x AIR tank & weights|
|$364||Hiring all mandatory equipment inc. 2 x 32% Nitrox tanks & 1 x AIR tank|
- Three dives at Flinders Reef
- Experienced dive guides on each trip. Our maximum ratio is one dive guide to six divers
- Delicious lunch and refreshments
BOOK NOW & SAVE $10 – Enter promotional code ‘HAPPYDAYS’
2018 DIVING DATES
- Tuesday 24th of April
- Thursday 17th of May
- Saturday 16th of June
- Thursday 5th of July
- Sunday 5th of August
- Tuesday 4th of September
- Sunday 7th of October
- Tuesday 13th of November
DIVING CONDITIONS (weather)
For accurate, current diving conditions click here.
Flinders Reef is a small isolated reef near Moreton Island, 5 km north-west of Cape Moreton in South East Queensland. It has the highest number of coral species of any sub tropical reef system along Australia’s east coast. Flinders Reef is one of Queensland’s most popular dive sites. The reef is protected within the Moreton Bay Marine Park and is monitored by the Reef Check conservation program.
The reef has more than 175 fish species. There are more species and varieties of corals in this one area than any other single reef on the Great Barrier Reef. The diverse amount of marine life include schools of Wrasse, Sweetlip, Trevally, Parrot, Bat, Surgeon, turtles and tropical fish. Manta Rays, Wobbegongs and Leopard Sharks are among the larger creatures that reside here. Sightings of Whaler sharks are sometimes seen on the eastern side of Flinders. During the months of June to September, Humpback Whales can be seen on the surface as they pass by.
WHY SCUBA WORLD?
- Private Marina – depart directly from Scuba World (you won’t waste time travelling to and from public jetties)
- Free all day parking at Scuba World
- Full use of our loading zone to unload your equipment
- Full use of our wash up facilities, toilets, hot showers and storage area
- Family owned and operated since 1979
- Our team is friendly, highly trained and very experienced
- All trips meet at 7am at Scuba World and return at about 3:30pm
- When you see a time on your confirmation email or an SMS it is when you need to meet at Scuba World, not the time our boat departs. You do not need to arrive early to get fitted out for hire equipment. There is more than enough time to do this between the time you arrive and when the boat departs.
- We offer regular 3 dive days to Flinders Reef from May to November
- Suitable for Open Water Divers (certified to 18 metres). However, it’s ideal if you hold an Advanced or Deep certification so you can explore beyond 18 metres.
- You need to have dived from a boat and completed at least 1 dive to 15 metres. If you have not done this call our shop on (07) 54448595 or send us an email before you book online.
- Must have Nitrox certification
- Depth ranges from 12 to 30 metres
- WH&SQ advise a certified diver should not dive in excess of the depth to which they have been trained or have logged experienced to. We will require a certification card or a dive log signed by a Dive Guide proving that you have had experience to a certain depth.
- Maximum dive time is 45 minutes
- Diving by yourself? We will buddy you up with another diver with similar experience.
- A torch is strongly recommended to enhance your dives ($10 to hire)
WHEN WAS YOUR LAST DIVE? YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE A SCUBA SKILLS UPDATE
To find out more about Scuba Skills Updates click here.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
If the weather is uncomfortable to travel to or from Flinders Reef, we will dive the ex-HMAS Brisbane or the Mooloolaba Coral Reefs as an alternate location. You will receive a refund based on the difference between a 3 dive trip to Flinders Reef and a double dive on the wreck. If the weather is unsafe for both locations, the trip can be transferred to another date or a full refund will be provided – it is your choice.BOOK NOW