Although your certification card is valid for life, Scuba World recommends you dive at least six times per year to keep your skills proficient. A scuba skills update consists of completing the SSI online training component and then reviewing all the skills you learnt in your Open Water Course in our onsite pool.
WHEN YOU SHOULD COMPLETE A SSI SCUBA SKILLS UPDATE?
- If you DO NOT PLAN on diving with Scuba World
- You have not dived for 5 or more years
If you have completed 250+ dives, you may be able to complete a pool ‘check out’ dive instead
If you believe you only need a pool ‘check out’ dive, please phone Scuba World to discuss your diving history.
- Access to online training (takes roughly 2 – 3 hours to complete)
- Friendly, experienced instructor who will be in the pool with you to review and complete all the skills you learnt in your Open Water course
- 90% of the time you will receive private tuition because you’ll be the only person doing this course however we have a maximum ratio of 1:4
- All hire equipment
- The instructor, on successful completion of your SSI Scuba Skills Update course will sign off that you have completed all the required skills in your logbook
The SSI Scuba Skills Updates are run on demand. To check availability, call us on (07) 5444 8595 or come into our shop.
The SSI Scuba Skills Update course consists of 2.5 contact hours at Scuba World.
- Sign a deed of assumption of risk
- Dive brief
- Complete Scuba Skills Update in our onsite pool
- Sign dive logbook
HOW TO BOOK?
- Call (07) 5444 8595
- Come into our shop. We are open 7 days a week