WHAT IS A ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER?
SSI’s Advanced Diver rating stands alone in the industry with the highest combination of diving knowledge and experience. No other agency’s advanced diver level compares.
To earn the certification for Advanced Open Water Diver, you must complete 4 specialty courses and have done a total of 24 dives.
WHY BECOME A ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER?
Enrolling in the Advanced Open Water Diver package is a great way to increase your knowledge and hone your skills and learn new ones. Combining knowledge & skills with experience & equipment guarantees you will be the most safe, confident and comfortable diver possible!
HOW DO I BECOME ONE?
- Show proof of 24 or more logged dives in your logbook
WHY DID THE SCUBA WORLD TEAM CHOOSE DEEP, NAVIGATION, NITROX AND PERFECT BUOYANCY COURSES FOR THIS PACKAGE?
- Deep diving allows you to explore beyond 18 and even 30 metres. However diving deeper adds additional risks to your dive. It’s vital to know exactly what and how to avoid any unsafe diving practices so you can always enjoy each diving experience.
- Navigation will give you the skills not to get lost underwater which is usually one of the major concerns for a diver. Getting lost causes a lot of stress both above and below the water. Also, not relying on a dive guide to navigate will provide you with more confidence and comfort.
- Every diver you speak to would love to stay down a little longer to keep taking photos, video or searching for amazing marine life. Nitrox allows you to do this. Whenever you’re dealing with different gas mixtures it’s vital to know exactly what to do and how to do it.
- We know to protect the beautiful Coral Reefs every diver has to have PERFECT Buoyancy.
$1,149 (save $200!)
- The Deep and Navigation courses have equipment requirements
- Hire equipment is an additional cost. Aqualung Regulator with computer and a BCD is $40 per day
- Ocean dives aren’t included only for the Nitrox & Perfect Buoyancy course. You can complete the 2 required ocean dives for the Nitrox & Perfect Buoyancy course on the ex-HMAS Brisbane or the Mooloolaba Coral Reefs at a time that suits you