TRIPS RUN TO THIS DIVE SITE FROM MAY TO NOVEMBER
HOWEVER, WE DO RUN TRIPS ON DEMAND. TO GO ON THE INTEREST LIST EMAIL SCUBA WORLD
|$299||Hiring tanks & weights|
|$349||Hiring all mandatory equipment|
- Three dives at Moreton Bay Marine Park (Cherubs Cave, Cement Co & Turtle Cleaning Station)
- Experienced dive guides on each trip. Our maximum ratio is one dive guide to six divers
- Delicious lunch and refreshments
BOOK NOW & SAVE $10 – Enter promotional code ‘HAPPYDAYS’
2016 DIVING DATES
Mon 13 June 2016 (Public Holiday) – Meet 7am, depart 8am, return 3:30pm
Sun 21 August 2016 – Meet 7am, depart 8am, return 3:30pm
Sat 3 September 2016 – Meet 7am, depart 8am, return 3:30pm
DIVING CONDITIONS (weather)
For accurate, current diving conditions click here.
Cement Co is one of the more popular wreck dives in the Moreton Bay Marine Park. Situated North of Flinders Reef, Cement Co is approximately 80 metres in length and sits in 15-28 metres of water upside down on the ocean floor. Originally intended to be sunk much closer to Flinders Reef itself, she prematurely sprung a leak and overturned further away from the intended resting place.
Even though this wreck is accessible to divers with Open Water certifications, to penetrate the hull requires an Advanced Open Water or Deep Diving certificate and is best suited to those holding a Wreck Dive qualification. Perfect Buoyancy is also a recommended course to dive this wreck, as it may easily be silted by a novice diver with incorrect fining technique.
The wreck itself is home to resident groupers who hide in dark corners of the hull. A number of large Zebra Lion Fish are also commonly sighted within close proximity to each other. Wobbegongs are often lined up on the outside of the wreck along the sea bed. There isn’t a great deal of marine life on the outside of the hull, however pelagic species are sometimes sighted swimming within viewing distance.
WHY SCUBA WORLD?
- We are the clostest dive shop to Cement Co. Only a 60 minute boat ride from our shop.
- Private Marina – depart directly from Scuba World (you won’t waste time travelling to and from public jetties)
- We provide a complimentary pick up service within the local area
- Free all day parking at Scuba World
- Full use of our loading zone to unload your equipment
- Full use of our wash up facilities, toilets, hot showers and storage area
- 100% safety record
- Family owned and operated for more than 34 years
- Our team is friendly, highly trained and very experienced
- When you see a time on your confirmation email or an SMS it is when you need to meet at Scuba World, not the time our boat departs. You do not need to arrive early to get fitted out for hire equipment. There is more than enough time to do this between the time you arrive and when the boat departs.
- We offer regular 3 dive days to Cement Co, Cherubs Cave & Henderson’s Rock from May to December
- All trips meet at 7am at Scuba World and return at about 4pm
- You need to ahve your Advanced or Deep certification to dive these dive sites
- Depth ranges from 15 to 30 metres
- NO DECOMPRESSION DIVING
- WH&SQ advise a certified diver should not dive in excess of the depth to which they have been trained or have logged experienced to. We will require a certification card or a dive log signed by a Dive Professional proving that you have had experience to a certain depth.
- Maximum dive time is 45 minutes
- EAN (nitrox) is available and highly recommended ($15/ 32% fill)
- Diving by yourself? We will buddy you up with another diver with similar experience.
- A torch is mandatory to enter the Cement Co wreck ($20 to hire)
WHEN WAS YOUR LAST DIVE? YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE A SCUBA SKILLS UPDATE
To find out more about Scuba Skills Updates click here.
TERMS and CONDITIONS:
If the weather is uncomfortable to travel to or from Moreton Bay Marine Park, we will dive the ex-HMAS Brisbane or the Mooloolaba Coral Reefs as an alternate location. You will receive a refund based on the difference between a 3 dive trip to Moreton Bay Marine Park and a double dive on the wreck. If the weather is unsafe for both locations, the trip can be transferred to another date or a full refund will be provided – it is your choice.